Are you a highly-skilled Engineer with experience ranging from Design and Estimation through developing and monitoring production processes to inspection of the finished article and working directly with the customer.
Does this experience also include monitoring the full cycle of projects, leading a team and driving strategic initiatives and Lean principles?
If so and your experience has been gained in bespoke, low volume manufacture that includes a number of different materials, including metal and wood, the role of Engineering Manager for this well-established, successful and close-knit firm could be exactly the new challenge you seek.
- As Engineering Manager, you will utilise your experience and knowledge to anticipate and deliver innovation in this varied role.
- With manufacturing activities including wood machining, metal work, packing and logistics, you will provide technical support to these activities with overall responsibility for a small team of Design Engineers, Technical personnel and Projects.
- You will work with interdepartmental Coordinators (Design, Methods and Projects) to plan and assess workloads, providing guidance and setting targets against customer requirements.
- You will Deliver cost saving objectives and lead Lean activities to deliver value to customers
- You will manage customer relations through engineering projects ensuring quality and on time delivery, as well as leading customer review sessions
- You will drive and implement strategic goals, maintain departmental metrics and appraise and mentor departmental staff
- You will take overall responsibility for the departmental output and maintain quality standards and provide technical support to the rest of the group, as required.
To take up this exciting and varied role, we seek a candidate with the following skills & experience:
- Solid knowledge of engineering principles, substantiation methods and manufacturing processes to be able to assess and safeguard departmental design solutions.
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering discipline with good levels of relevant industry experience
- The ability to mentor and guide a range of technical and none technical staff
- Prior experience with estimating, MRP and 3d CAD software
- Previous experience in a team leadership / management role
- Experience of leading multiple projects concurrently
If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: