gap personnel (operating as an employment agency) are currently recruiting for our client based in the Wrexham area. We are looking for a Buyer to join our client’s team immediately on a permanent basis. The key purpose of this role is to manage the Company’s materials spend in respect of Wrexham Network Components, ensuring that products are supplied at the lowest possible acquisition cost in accordance with Company requirements.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday / Office Hours
- £33k – £35k per annum
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers regarding price, lead time and supply assurance.
- Capture new ideas/innovations for our suppliers in liaison with the Engineering department.
- Engaging with Engineering & Commercial teams to drive purchasing influence.
- Identifying single source materials and approving new sources of supply to reduce supply risks.
- Work closely with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective solutions with respect to materials and goods.
- Raise purchase orders and negotiate contracts on behalf of the Company for the supply of requisitioned or specified materials and goods, ensuring accurate SAP records are maintained.
- Keep abreast of supply market trends to enable the Company to plan internal projects and initiatives effectively and to ensure purchases are consistently made at competitive unitary prices.
- Undertake analysis of price variation by focussing on product cost drivers and cost reduction.
- Work closely with the Engineering function to reduce costs using the Design to Cost (DTC) tool.
- Positively encouraging suppliers to challenge designs and manufacturing methods with a view to reducing costs.
- Strategically maintain competition amongst suppliers through communication, negotiation, appraisal and evaluation, competitive tendering, Requests for Quotation (RFQs) and benchmarking or any other ethical means.
- Provide statistical purchasing data to the Central Purchasing Function in Milan.
- Manage the vendor rating and contractor approval processes in conjunction with internal and external audit procedures and highlighting supply risk analysis data to the Company.
- Ad hoc support to the Purchasing Manager as required including preparation of Management plan in line with Company procedures and Central Purchasing guidelines.
- Work with GCL (Global commodity leaders) based in Milan to identify opportunities and align with group strategies.
- Identify and assess commercial advantages to be gained from low cost manufacturing countries.
- Candidates should ideally be educated to Degree level in a technical/engineering subject with proven experience of operating in a commercial environment.
- In addition, you will be able to demonstrate a sound level of commercial acumen and excellent analytical skills together with the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal customers.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and experience of SAP will be essential.
- The successful candidate will be proactive by nature and have highly persuasive interpersonal skills enabling lasting and influential relationships to be built.
- Tenacity and the drive to succeed in a commercial environment are additional qualities required in this role.
- The jobholder will be required to undertake regular travel as part of their role so having a valid driving licence is essential.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 12th June 2019
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: