Are you a dynamic, ambitious and pro-active Buyer who has experience of indirect purchasing & thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment? Do you have excellent communication skills and proven abilities in developing strong, successful relationships with both suppliers and internal and external customers?
Would you welcome the opportunity to build upon this experience within a large & well-established firm who understand the importance of investing in their people, their training and ultimately, their futures?
If so, the role of Category Buyer for this dynamic firm could prove a fantastic platform for you to showcase your expertise and develop your career in a supportive & progressive organisation.
Supporting the Strategic Category Manager and Lead Buyers in executing the procurement strategy, you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Ensuring all Procurement processes are implemented in accordance with the strategy and associated policies
- Working with stakeholders and as an active part of the procurement team to ensure that best practice procurement processes are followed and establish demonstrable annual cost savings
- Actively measuring, managing and leading supplier relationships to deliver continual value-add & improvements where required
- Managing the procurement of products and services for specific categories by analysing spend, researching and negotiating with suppliers and concluding contracts to achieve cost and quality objectives
- Observing and analysing market developments to identify and manage risks to the business
- Working with the Procurement Delivery team and Procurement Analyst to manage and analyse procurement-related data in the ERP system
- Ensuring compliance to category management guidelines and operating within the value limits of the Procurement Directive
Experience, Skills & Attributes Sought:
- Previous procurement experience, both in high volume and high value and inclusive of services and consumables
- Strong supplier management, negotiation and contract implementation skills
- Solid understanding of how category management contributes to best practice
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office packages, ERP systems and ideally current purchasing tools.
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects against tight deadlines, managing stakeholder relationships to ensure projects fall in line with best practice
- Excellent communication skills and a pro-active, helpful and committed approach.
- Educated to degree level (CIPS) or with equivalent relevant experience
- Hours per week 36.5hrs
- 5% bonus (non-contractual)
- 3-month probationary period
- 25 days holiday entitlement excluding bank holidays
- Health Care Single cover
- Salary £31K – £35K Depending on experience
- £4200 per annum car allowance
Closing date is 5th September 2019
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to us
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible.
Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: