Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for an experienced CNC Miller preferably with aerospace experience.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.00pm. Friday 7.30am to 1.00pm (1/2 hour unpaid lunchbreak)
Salary: £13.84 per hour
Summary: You will be responsible to programme, set and operate either Hurco Control System (Winmax/Ultimax) (conversational or G Block codes programming) controller CNC Mills to produce ground support components. Experience of 4 axis machining would be an advantage.
Key Responsibilities: • Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes;
- Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine;
- Carry out machining of components;
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level;
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Workshop Supervisor.
Experience, attributes & skills sought: • Fully skilled engineer/tool maker with CNC milling experience;
- Able to work with metric and imperial drawings
- CNC setter/operator with experience of full programming;
- Used to working to fine tolerances with ferrous and non ferrous materials;
- Able to interpret engineering drawings;
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
- Heidenhain and OneCNC programming experience desirable;
- Able to work under own initiative;
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
- Eligible to work in UK.
In return, you will benefit from: • 22 days holiday (3 day shutdown over Christmas) • Pension • 2 x annual salary life assurance scheme • Free Parking • Company provides PPE & Eye tests
Closing date is 26th March
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: