Credit & Collections Coordinator
Newcastle Under Lyme
£18,500 – £22,500
Reports to: Credit and Collections Supervisor
Are you an experienced Credit Controller looking to join an established business who recognise that their employees are the key to their success? Do you want an employer who value their staff and work in a family feel environment?
Our client is a business who continually build upon their success and offer perks and rewards along the way. They are looking for a credit and collections co-ordinator to join their business to enhance the administrative and accounting services, and subsequently improve the operational efficiency, with better processes for internal controls, financial analysis and reporting.
- Hands-on activities for the provision of proper and timely collection and reconciliation of customer receivable balances.
- Perform accounts receivable collection in accordance with credit and collection procedures.
- Review aging schedules and maintain customer contact as to collection
- Prepare and record notes as to the result of customer contacts in a timely and precise manor.
- Review and update customer credit hold
- Research and correct invoices, statements and letters for bad bill to contact information.
- Support inter-co. sales staff on issues regarding credit holds, credit limits and payment
- Attend monthly credit meetings with sales team to discuss any issues arising (including queries/ aged debt)
- Escalation of any accounts to supervisor and sales in relation to late payments and possible bad debts
Metrics of Responsibility (Goals):
40 minimum actions per day to include telephone calls and emails. Cash Collection Targets met in requirement with those set by the business.
< 15% – 1-30 days
< 4% – 31-60 days
< 2% – 61-90 days
< 2% – 91-120 days
< 2% – 120 days plus
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong Computer proficiency & knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to communicate and establish relationships with customers effectively is required.
- Ability to work in a team and results oriented environment, competitive personality with a drive to exceed goals.
- Advanced problem solving and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Ability to multi –task coupled with strong organizational skills.
Education & Experience
- GCSE’s or equivalent required
- Further study preferred but not essential (Institute of Credit Management)
- Previous commercial credit and collections experience advantageous
Closing date: 24th October 2019
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: