Are you a highly Analytical Demand Planner, Inventory Planner, Supply Chain Planner or Analyst who is a whizz with Excel and can work with volumes of data to create in-depth reports, insights, summaries and recommendations.
Is this numerical ability accompanied by excellent communication skills and a hands-on, flexible approach to your workload and supporting the needs of the business?
Do you enjoy a varied and busy role that offers the opportunity to work closely with colleagues across the business and external suppliers and customers?
If so, the position of Demand & Inventory Planner for this global business could be exactly the next step you seek.
You will lead regional demand planning and management of inventory for both finished goods and raw materials, of more than 300 SKUs; providing input into the demand planning process to ensure regional activities and trends are captured.
From a data perspective, you will take ownership of the complete purchasing process from intercompany supply and external vendors, including the timely raising of orders and subsequent progress chasing. This will include setting and maintaining master data records within the system.
In addition, you will hold responsibility for the control and co-ordination of all stock activities across several warehouses, including monitoring slow-moving or damaged stock, and analysing inventory levels and demands to determine reorder levels that ensure product availability and minimise inventory costs
Other Key Duties:
- Verification of supplier invoices and investigation/rectification of any discrepancies
- Update and adapt product forecasts in conjunction with the sales team and customers on a regular basis to meet the demand profile.
- Liaise closely with all parties in the supply chain, keeping the network up to date with any issues.
- Monitor performance of the suppliers and raise complaints where required
- Be the focal point for all stock/material related issues
- Manage B2B customer order operations/daily communications, taking timely actions as necessary
- Develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
- Track and escalate inventory logistics as needed to ensure on time arrival
- Manage and generate inventory adjustments and transfers in ERP system (SAP).
Skills, Attributes & Experience Sought:
- Demonstrable high-level analytical skills, including using MS excel, data-mining software and other analysis tools
- Recent professional experience in a similar role.
- Ability to create meaningful reports and provide insights, summaries and recommendations
- Experience with an ERP/planning system (ideally SAP).
- Comfortable navigating systems, with the ability to adapt quickly to new systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally manage external and internal partners, reacting efficiently and promptly.
- Willingness to “muck-in” and work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team
- Self-starter with high levels of motivation
- Good standard of education, with exceptional numeracy skills and ideally a qualification relating to these
Hours of work: 8AM – 4PM, Monday to Friday
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: