Demand & Inventory Planning Manager
Our client is a leading Aerospace company who are seeking to recruit a Demand/Sales Inventory Operations Planning(SIOP) Manager for a fast-pasted developing business. r.
This position is a Senior role and as such will be part of the management team and therefore you will be expected to provide strategic direction to your team as well as the management team. You will need to be someone that is able to establish a world-class integrated business planning process, along with metrics necessary to track supply chain effectiveness, efficiency and sales opportunities. You will also need to develop a strategic forecasting process to leverage capacity and improve reaction time to market disruptions as well as ensuring the location is in fully compliant with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business, in a manner that is consistent with company values.
Travel will be expected to fulfill the duties of the role.
Main Duties, Objectives and Responsibilities
- Responsible for raw material Inventory reporting and implementing Inventory reduction strategies.
- Owning and Planning inventory levels (with the local owners) for manufacturing within designated warehouses within the Product Supply Centres (PSC) to agreed targets
- Implement an achievable Supply plan (production volumes, purchased materials and stock) that is resulting into the S&OP plan (production volumes and timing) based on the S&OP process
- Promote and deploy LEAN techniques and thinking, driving continuous improvement and lead (cost base) efficiency improvements within the process utilising business systems and tools.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers to ensure consistence in communication and drive for improvement.
- Monitors Planners for proper execution of material replenishment processes.
- Provides suppliers with demand forecasts and proactively monitors supplier’s short-term capacity (0-12 months).
- Work with suppliers to address temporary constraints and escalates potential long-term supplier capacity issues and drives collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment with key suppliers targeting at an optimal end to end supply chain.
- Effectively manage personnel in the areas of production control, logistics and Commercial, good customer service skills are essential as is the ability to turn round an RFQ in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing the forecasting, order management and quotations, production planning, procurement, capacity planning, supplier quality assurance and transportation operations into a single integrated world-class supply chain organization. Position will develop and execute a vision that delivers operational excellence, resulting in world class customer service and efficiency.
- Define, design and implement supply chain tools necessary to support a word-class supply chain.
- Build a world-class supply chain organization through identifying, coaching and mentoring talent as part of an overall succession planning effort.
- Perform strategic sourcing and capacity versus requirements studies to ensure efficient and effective deployment/utilization of resources to meet demand.
- In addition to tracking and communicating progress, position will establish short-term and long-term objectives for the supply-chain organization which will enable the division to meet or exceed its business objectives
- Establish continuous improvement processes and culture. Continually analyse process and procedures for opportunities to eliminate waste, streamline for efficiency and utilization of emerging tools and techniques.
- Design, implement and manage a robust customs compliance program. Define responsibility for completion of activities at the at the plant level, and develop and define processes to perform these activities.
- Design and implement an ongoing training program on import/export awareness for Plant personnel, focusing on non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities, including, but not limited to ITAR, Routed Transactions and TOSCA.
- Conducts periodic formal assessments of the plant activities to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are in compliance with the appropriate laws. Reports to Management on issues and opportunities, and recommends solutions and project plans.
- Work with the International Transportation Department, Corporate Compliance Personnel and Customs Brokers to ensure an efficient and effective process for import/export activities.
- Identifying and implementing innovations to improve service delivery.
- Supplier quality, delivery and cost management
- Backup and DOA for ascertained level of Material Purchases
- Setting up, delivering, measuring and analysing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and taking corrective actions
- ASAT self-audit responsibilities
- Ensure Trade compliance regulations are met and reports when necessary details to HMRC, and Trade Compliance Manager in the UK.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering or equivalent
- GCSE A-C Grade, Maths & English
- Experience leading multi-functional teams
- Experience in but not limited to the aerospace industry in machining/assembly/surface treatment of aircraft and engine components and in manufacturing plants preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and liaise effectively at all levels within the Company;
- A flair for negotiation, influencing people and networking.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both immediate team members and other production teams;
- IT proficiency with the ability to input and retrieve data;
If this is an opportunity you have been looking for, please apply today.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: