Do you want to work for one of the best? A UK Top 50 Firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners?
gap professional are currently recruiting for a First Line IT Helpdesk Engineer to join a UK Top 50 Firm of Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Financial Planners. You will be based large modern offices in Taunton, Somerset. If you are looking to progress your career, have an increase in salary, join a friendly & forward thinking team then this is the role for you!
We are currently looking for a 1st Line Support IT Helpdesk Engineer to join us in our Taunton office (but covering all of our offices from Bristol to Weymouth). Working as part of the Helpdesk team you will be the first point of contact for staff needing IT support. Your role will be to resolve or refer jobs to your colleagues to ensure IT systems are working effectively.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Excellent customer service approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain IT issues with non IT staff
- Previous IT work experience (ideally at least 2 years in a similar role and an IT related qualification e.g. MCP, CCENT)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet scheduled work deadlines
- A desire to further your career in IT
- Proven knowledge of the following Microsoft Packages – Microsoft Windows 7 and / or 10, Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010 / Exchange Online
- Active Directory security permissions
- Active Directory user creation and administration
- Experience of scripting e.g. login scripts and batch files
- Good Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good phone manner
- Analysis & Decision-Making
- Drive for results
- Orientation to Learn
- Planning and Organising
- Service Excellence
- Team building / Team Player
Preferred Experience / Technical Knowledge
- Experience in supporting one of more of the following Accountancy software packages:
- Practice Engine
- Sage / Quickbooks
- Experience of working for an ITIL based helpdesk.
- Experience of maintaining a network and associated technologies.
- Experience of SQL server and SQL scripting.
- Experience of managing telephony systems including IP based systems.
In return we offer a fantastic place to work in the South West with a competitive and flexible benefits package. Salary is negotiable based on skills, qualifications and experience
If you would like to apply then please send your CV to Rebecca Griffiths or call her in our Exeter office for more information.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: