Are you an experienced Head of Operations or General Manager looking for your next career move ?
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a Market Leader within their specialist logistics service streams, concentrating on delivering quality customer service and continuing to achieve its strategic growth plans.
Our client is looking to recruit the right person to take up the key role of Head of Logistics to deliver the opening of a brand new operation, approx 400 head count.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading a team of Managers and for overall teams across multiple depots, ensuring operational targets are met and customer experience is delivered.
Management of Key processes
- Lean management of volume flows from collection/receipt to hand over
- Identifying processes issues and delivering best case solutions
- Provide strategic operational benefits by identifying areas for improvement
- Forward labour warehouse planning
- Trend analysis to improve the operations and deliver successful peaks
- Review work forecasts and determine resource required to meet the targets
Leadership and Management of staff
- Performance Management i.e. setting of performance target and conduct reviews
- Lead, Manage and Motivate a busy team to agreed standards
- Delivery of continuous improvement
- Individual and team development
Management of costs
- Delivering and exceeding budgetary targets
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the costs by product area
- Ability to deliver cost savings initiatives
- Build relationships with internal and external service providers and clients and ability to provide the right information / solution in relation to operational issues, challenges
- Maintain, improve our quality of service levels against agreed targets
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and regulations
- Ensure that all staff are operating efficiently, safely and that quality standards are met so that customers receive an excellent experience.
- Ensure that all staff comply with Integrity requirements including CRB checks, ID cards
- Deploying and maintaining and the security policy of the operations and liaison with the Head of Security if a breach occurs
- Be a change champion though clear communication of change, achieve by in and create trust
- Control and measure change in key areas and provide feedback and solutions
- Be a solution provider in a change culture and work with other departments to make change happen effectively
- To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- At least 5 years Senior Management experience within a Logistics & Distribution
- Have experienced a manual and semi-automated environment
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth, whilst managing the day to day.
- Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Ability to cope with an environment that’s operational 24/7.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to adapt communication style in line with audience and situation,
- Ability disseminate information appropriately through the company hierarchy,
- Able to communicate effectively with urgency and direction,
- Sound decision making skills in a fast moving high pressure environment,
- Able to make clear and clinical decisions based on data and factual evidence,
- Ability to influence stakeholder through clear and concise business cases,
- Able to interpret financial and performance data and draw conclusions, identify opportunities for improvement and provide solutions,
- Manage effectively to achieve daily and weekly tasks through organisation, delegation and prioritisation,
- Confident presenter to groups of people including internal and clients
- Flexible and willing to respond to the needs of the operation in terms of working hours
Gap Professional is acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: