Are you a recent graduate/junior level candidate looking to start a career within a world class company? Or simply looking for a new career path? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers training and development, for a business that invests in their employees to make them the best that they can be? Would you thrive in a fast-paced environment and put your all into learning new knowledge and skills?
If the answer to the above is yes, then this position could be the perfect opportunity for you to start an exciting new career.
Due to our clients continued success with new business and growth in the sector, an opportunity exists for a talented individual to join their planning team in Hertfordshire. They are seeking someone who is motivated, possesses great excel skills, aptitude to learn, endless drive and enthusiasm, and the desire to grow into a more senior role, within a world class business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities (Training will be provided):
- Involvement in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage.
- Reviewing schedules (production and suppliers) with Production Planner & Operations Manager to ensure that production process is capable of meeting customer and stock requirements and determine a recovery schedule.
- Responsible for building strong relationship channels with Customer Accounts Manager’s Team
- Looking at stock availability, lead times and capacity and keep fully informed of supplier problems affecting existing and new orders.
- Changing production plans according to customer requirements against scheduled work v. lead time commitment and stock requirements against usage and current status
- Provide lead-times for customer enquires based current and future work loads
- Ensure new customer packages and product engineering are planned into the production schedule
- Continuously review production requirements against material and component stock and take action regarding supplier orders and rejected parts (inspection or production)
- Responsible for control and accuracy of documentation and computer data including advising documentation errors, ensuring computer data is accurate and up to date
- Issue Daily/Weekly work-to-lists for all relevant departments
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Provide effective customer support by answering telephone calls or emails when required
Training & Education Required:
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Desirable but not essential experience: Health & Safety, First Aid and/or Fire Marshall training
Personal Skills & Experience Required:
- Comfortable and experienced in communicating via telephone and email
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Accepts responsibility for maintaining skill set, participates in meetings & training, completes all certifications
- Team Player who proactively helps others with projects & backlog
Working Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8:00am – 4:45pm, Fri: 8:00am – 12:30pm
Flexibility to work additional hours when required
gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client. gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: