Are you an experienced, dynamic Group Leader / Senior Team Leader and have a background within a busy Logistics Operation ?
Do you have qualifications or working experience of Kaizen Methodology, ideally having worked within a Just In Time environment ?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsible for the day to day management of up to 50 employees and MHE equipment across several departments.
- Allocate team activities for the shift.
- Monitor & sign all clockcards, ensure they are completed to meet payroll deadlines for agency members.
- Monitor and Clear all exceptions on the T&A systems for fulltime employees to meet payroll deadlines.
- Authorise and sign off holidays (Submit on T&A) for shift ensuring adequate cover remains.
- Complete Return to Work interviews and take action as appropriate.
- Raise purchase orders for the department as and when needed.
- Attend/organise relevant meeting with other managers for handover & strategic planning for up coming events.
- Ensure shift handovers are properly completed and monitor first line manager’s handovers.
- Check emails for activity from overseas, customer etc, during previous shift.
- Escalate as appropriate issues arising during shift.
- Compile required information to support the completion of the weekly quicks.
- Liaise as appropriate with other team members
- Maintain good employee relations for shift.
- Recruit, train and motivate team including development of Team Leaders.
- Counsel, manage performance and undertake disciplinary action as required(
- Ensure compliance with HS&E legislation and policy.
- Conduct staff team briefs on a daily.
- Raise and follow near-misses.
- Ability to investigate and report accidents to comply with company policy/procedures.
Shift Pattern, Fortnightly Rotation – 7am to 4pm and 8pm to 5am
Overtime – Paid at Time and Half and Double Time
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: