Are you a skilled HR Advisor, with experience of working within Manufacturing, for a large (ideally global), complex organisation? Are you people-focused, with a pro-active and hands on approach?
Do you enjoy an all-round & varied position that includes: Recruitment and Selection, case handling, employee engagement, absence management, flexible working requests and developing family-friendly policies?
Would you welcome the opportunity to put this experience to use in an ongoing contract that is likely to last a minimum of 12 months and will see you providing customer-focused, pragmatic HR advice and support to Managers, employees and partners within an industry-leading firm?
If so, the role of HR Advisor could provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your skill set, experience and career potential.
Working full-time (8AM – 4.30PM Monday to Friday), this company are based in East Birmingham, near to the Airport & NEC.
As an HR Advisor, you will support the delivery of the HR strategy to meet organisational HR objectives such as inclusion, diversity and employee engagement
Key Duties Include:
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships within the organisation, providing appropriate levels of challenge to managers, whilst maintaining a commercial perspective.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a performance management culture
- Providing support to the HR Manager in the provision of a day to day HR service to include administration links and the delivery of a dedicated advisory service to managers.
- Advising Managers in respect of recruitment and selection, and maintain links with agreed staffing providers, as well as increasing awareness of the business within the local employment market to enhance direct recruitment potential
- Keeping up to date with development of HR best practice and legislation to ensure the organisation remains abreast of (and in compliance with) key changes
- Overseeing the creation of, and authorising, appropriate contractual documentation
- Ad-hoc project work as required
Key Skills & Experience Sought:
- CIPD or Degree-level education preferred
- Good level of recent experience in an HR Advisory capacity, within a complex and large organisation
- Experience within the manufacturing industry a distinct advantage
- Experience of working within a unionised environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels to build effective working relationships
- Strong I.T skills, in particular with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrable experience of working both on own initiative, as well as a pro-active team player
- Experience of improving employee engagement within current or previous roles (or a keen interest in doing so)
If you are interested in learning more about this vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration. Further details including a full job description will be provided to suitable applicants ahead of any CV submission to our client.
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: