gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary: £35,000 – £38,000
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4.30pm
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Manager to join an expanding business at their office based in Wantage.
- First point of contact for HR queries
- Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business
- Providing strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ HR plans
- design, develop and implement with a balanced approach to the interpretation of employment policies and procedure to advise on sensitive and difficult employee relations matters
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organizational design, employee engagement.
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Supporting line managers across the business.
- In-depth experience and understanding of Human Resource policy, and process in order to ensure legislative compliance throughout the organisation including TUPE transfers and redundancy matters.
- Recruitment and onboarding of new starters
- DBS and Right to work checks.
- Oversee monthly payroll changes that are sent to the payroll team
- Helping and offering advice for all staff and managers on sickness and absence payments and procedures.
- Drive the L&D annual calendar, ensuring communication and attendance at training
- Support the Long-Term Development Plan process by regularly checking in with delegates and driving momentum
- Oversee the new starter process to ensure joiners are set up for success, as well as managing the probationary process.
- Managing maternity and paternity leave and pay administration.
- Advising and guiding managers on all disciplinary and grievance procedures in line with current legislation and company policy. Taking notes and acting as a witness for investigatory/disciplinary meetings.
- Previous experience working in an HR environment
· CIPD – Level 7 or the equivalent experience
· Good general administration experience
· Previous background of supporting a recruitment process
· Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect HR policies and processes
· Demonstrable experience in assisting with TUPE, redundancy and other HR projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
Closing date is 4th April 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: