An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience Maintenance Engineer to join a large & well-regarded company who are invested in maintaining a positive and engaging internal culture for their employees.
The Maintenance Engineer will provide both a reactive and a pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment within the depot. As such the role has a direct impact on the productivity and operation of the site and their ability to consistently deliver the highest quality, most cost effective offering for its customers across all products.
- Control all maintenance activity on shift to achieve prompt resolution of all issues minimising the impact in the operation, particularly during peak operational activity. Within a depot will typically work on equipment such as (but not limited to): automated sorters, labellers, printers.
- Prioritise and manage machine faults under high pressure
- Fix, maintain, and troubleshoot conveyor systems incorporating relay PLC logic controlled components—optical sensors, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachos, and encoders.
- Repair and maintain Bus Systems
- To support and install automation machinery, move, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits and wiring.
- Support the operations with best practices and LEAN methodology to improve and sustain performance
- Mentor colleagues, providing motivation, guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals and objectives. Support and provide guidance to other Engineering colleagues, design solutions for difficult problems and manage outside contractors.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels within the organisation and externally with suppliers.
- Provide enriched feedback both to the operation and colleagues.
- Develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and production goals whilst taking account of multiple projects and daily activities working within defined, and often conflicting timelines
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and other relevant regulations ensuring accurate recording and reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Knowledge of MMS (maintenance management system) programs and implementation
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical, controls, electronics
- PLCs – knowledge of Siemens S7 and/or Allen Bradley
- Experience in Postal sortation and conveyor technologies
- Knowledge in OEE, equipment performance metrics and KPI tools
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements
- Proven ability to mentor and develop staff providing motivation, guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to disseminate information appropriately and communicate effectively with urgency and direction.
- A positive and proactive approach to work with clear customer focus.
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude, hard-working and willing to learn
Required Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- 5 GCSE, NVQ3, ONC/HNC or equivalent
- 17th Edition IET Wiring regs, Time served Apprenticeship or equivalent.
- A completed Bachelor’s, Technician, Master or equivalent degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Automation) would be an advantage
- Flexible and willing to respond to the needs of 24 hour operation in terms of working hours (e.g. to be on call for emergencies) and provide support away from the normal location of work on occasion as required.
- Required to work on a rotating shift pattern including night shifts
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: