Are you an experienced Operations Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity ?
Would you like to join a genuinely progressive, successful business at its brand new sortation facility based in Bedford ?
To support the Depot Manager through the effective day-to-day planning and management of staff and processes across the shifts in the Depot to ensure the consistent achievement of the volume, quality and efficiency targets. Whilst the Operations Manager will contribute to medium and long-term planning, they work primarily at an operational level to manage the staffing, processes and through puts effectively to ensure that the business continues to consistently deliver the highest quality, most cost effective offering for its customers across all products.
Required Skills and Experience
- Typically we would estimate that it would take at least 3 years at Shift/Operations Management Experience within a FMCG or Down Stream Access environment to acquire the knowledge and skills required for this role.
- Significant people management experience, including performance management, staff development, disciplinary and grievance, absence control and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to: influence internal and external stakeholders through clear, concise business cases; disseminate information appropriately through the company hierarchy adapting communication style in line with audience and situation; and, communicate effectively with urgency and direction.
- Able to make clear and clinical decisions based on data and factual evidence in a fast moving, high pressure environment.
- Able to identify talent and develop staff in line with company policy.
- Able to interpret performance data in order to draw conclusions, identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Able to manage effectively in order to achieve daily and weekly tasks through organisation, delegation and prioritisation.
- Confident presenter to groups of people including internal and clients
gap professional is acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: