Are you a strong leader looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a Plant Manager with strong leader skills to work with in a leading manufacturing company based in the Stoke location.
• Manage the overall activities of the operations to insure proper workflow and maintenance of production schedules.
• Utilise facilities, workforce and analysis of methods, materials and facilities to achieve economic operating cost using team management concepts and administration of work rules and labour contracts
• Coordinate production with stakeholders e.g. planning, commercial and delivery.
• Maintain communications and coordination’s for other activities with other mangers, e.g. finance, HR, Country Manager.
• Develop and implement annual budgets, capital investment programs, productivity improvement programs.
• Ensure quality is maintained and review any quality issues.
• Conduct performance reviews of subordinates and develop and maintain training programs to support the business plan and growth.
• Ensure all employees have adequate Health and Safety training in all relevant disciplines.
• Provide monthly performance statistics and numbers to manager, or others as requests.
• To manage authorized expenditure within budgeted amounts and agreed time scales.
• Identify the training needs for all reporting employees and to act as mentor and coach.
• To ensure that department records/measures are in place to support ISO requirements.
• Manage, guide and motivate your team to achieve stated business goals and objectives.
• Conduct performance evaluations to maximize your team’s effectiveness (SMART goals, good communication, reviews, training and development).
• Participate with HR in other processes related to your team such as selection, promotion or compensation.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing a production plant with material processing techniques
• Preferred background in ceramics industry
• Degree Education; Business, Materials Science, Chemistry.
• NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma, knowledge of current legislation
• Finance – understanding of balance sheets, budgets and capital expenditure practices.
• Operational improvement – knowledge and application of appropriate techniques for continuous improvement and project planning.
• To be able to work effectively in a pressurized environment and used to working to tight deadlines.
• To be able to effectively implement change
• Languages; Excellent English written and speaking.
• Technology Literacy; Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP System (SAP).
• Physical requirements that may include lifting, standing or sitting for extended periods, unusual physical requirements or temperature extremes, etc.
• Working conditions are the environment in which the job is performed, especially any unpleasant (or dangerous) conditions
• IOSH Member – Desirable
Is this the opportunity you have been looking for?
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: