Main purpose and scope of job:
The Procurement Advisor is responsible for assisting the Procurement Manager in the development and implementation of the procurement policy and procedures and to provide procurement advice across the business, ensuring the health and safety of staff, approved suppliers / contractors, the minimisation of impact to the environment and achieving expectations in terms of service and quality.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse all purchasing activity (including out-turn) – review quotations and negotiate prices with key suppliers
- Assist in the identification of suitable suppliers, PQQ, preparation of specification, contracts and evaluation criteria for all tenders in accordance with group policies
- Review of current contracts / agreements to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness
- Identify, pursue and deliver cost savings and efficiencies
- Manage the procurement of a variety of commodities, services and projects, including management of the supply base and appropriate contracts / terms and conditions.
- Assist in the development of procurement policies and procedures
- Manage compliance / non-compliance of group-wide policies and procedures
- Provide support, advice and training to business managers in respect of all procurement activities
- Integration, review and maintenance of group supplier base, maximizing efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Manage supplier relationships in order to achieve maximum efficiency I benefit Address and resolve procurement problems, challenging under-performing suppliers and taking robust action to remedy issues / prevent recurrence
- Assist in the development of specifications and identification of suitable suppliers of goods and services
- Provide advice on suitable contracts for the procurement of key projects, and assist in technical review of projects ensuring feasibility and cost effectiveness Identify and pursue opportunities to implement group-wide contracts (where of benefit to business)
Experience & Knowledge:
- Ideally educated to “A” Level standard
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement and contract management
- Experience of purchasing of commodities, services and capital projects
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel
- CIPS qualification desirable
- Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
- Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
- Current knowledge of best practice in Procurement
Personal attributes and other requirements:
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a team and independently
- Able to work collaboratively / offer advice and support at all levels within an organisation Able to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to business requirements and working to close deadlines
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: