gap personnel (operating as an employment agency) are currently recruiting for our client based in the Wrexham area. We are looking for a Production Supervisor to join our client’s team immediately on a permanent basis. The Line Supervisor reports to the Production Shift Manager and is responsible for assisting in the day to day running of the production lines in the most effective way with minimal downtime while maintaining a safe working environment for all staff. The Supervisor must ensure that all products produced are safe, legal and meet the company’s specifications. The Supervisor is accountable for factory performance which forms part of the site’s goals and objectives. You will support the Technical department in regards to understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in the factory in accordance with the company procedures and BRC standards.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday 5:30-2 / 2-10 Rotating Shift Pattern
- £22k per annum
- To meet the daily production plan and to accurately report on issues and successes.
- Managing staff absence levels and timekeeping.
- Ensuring quality control procedures are being followed by all production operatives.
- Reduce non-engineering lost time by controlling the manufacturing process.
- Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices at all times
- Ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromised
- Ensure all products are produced to customer specification, within agreed cost parameters and company HACCP & BRC systems
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and GMP in all areas
- Ensure that all rules, procedures and policies whether written or unwritten are adhered to.
- Effective communication to the Production Manager of all issues arising during the day
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of Production Operatives to meet site goals and objectives.
- Motivate the team to use their knowledge and skills to achieve the shared goals.
- Day to day management of the production team.
- Deployment and utilisation of resource on the shift to meet the production plan and daily priorities, in conjunction with the Shift Supervisor.
- Fully support all safety and food safety initiatives.
- Ensure effective communication to the production team on all key issues.
- Attend all management meetings as required.
- Ensure adherence to stock control systems.
- Understanding of company procedures and quality standards.
- Ensuring the production facility is run to BRC standard.
- Control of product weights and wastage.
- Completion of relevant safety and manufacturing KPI information.
- Ensure line documentation is being correctly recorded for Due Diligence purposes
- Understand the operations of the production line
- An understanding of company procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Production line equipment, i.e. set-up / changeovers
- Proficient in IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Some previous experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP would be useful
- Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail
- Basic Food Hygiene & Level 2 HACCP
- Reliable, confident & responsible
- Organised & flexible
- Good communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Able to work independently & in a team
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: