My client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. My client are an international manufacturer and supplier with over 3,500 employees worldwide in Europe, USA and Asia.
As UK Purchasing Manager you will play a key role in the future development of the purchasing and logistics functions of a growing manufacturing business; leading a small team of site based buyers and logistics personnel you will be responsible for the day to day management, development and motivation of the teams to deliver performance improvements in line with business objectives.
Key areas of purchasing knowledge are in specialist raw materials, utilities/services, moulded parts and general consumables. The role will also include liaising with the group purchasing team to ensure consistent purchasing strategies across the business.
£45k – £55k per annum
Monday – Friday
Ensure all purchase items are available to production in a timely manner in the correct quantities.
Liaise regularly with planning and production departments to ensure their demands are met.
Work with the quality departments to resolving supplier quality problems.
Progress chase existing purchase orders when required.
Support and develop team capabilities.
Develop purchasing strategies to ensure cost savings and supplier performance targets are met or exceeded.
· Identify areas of risk in purchased items and propose, develop and implement solutions/mitigating actions.
· Provide forecasts on price trends and material availability.
· Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve internal stock management, supplier relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
· Collaborate with manufacturing, sales and other key stakeholders to develop metrics for optimising inventory levels. Periodically review and maintain those levels throughout the year.
· Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
· Conduct research to ascertain the best suppliers and products to meet the business needs in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
· Liaise between suppliers, subcontractors and the relevant internal departments and customers to deliver business positive outcomes
· Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
· Develop existing Suppliers to support business needs via auditing processes
· Negotiate and agree contracts. Monitor the quality of service provided
· Conduct value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
· Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
· Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
· Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
· Prepare proposals seeking board approval when required.
· Forecast levels of demand for services and products.
· Prepare process and authorise purchase requisitions, orders and supplier payments.
· Keep a constant check on stock levels.
· Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
· Manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to minimise financial impact on the business
Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that the teams are meeting their personal performance standards
The ideal candidate will have:
Organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, individually or within a team framework.
· Punctual and reliable
· Persistent, energetic and enthusiastic to achieve individual and team objectives.
· Be committed and ably demonstrate a strong approach to EHS activity.
· To adhere at all times to Health & Safety/Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations
· Experience of leading a Purchasing and Logistics team within a low volume/high variation batch manufacturing environment is essential
· Strong negotiation skills within a broad range of industrial sectors. Capable of delivering effective supply contract negotiations for all areas of the business
· Highly numerate and literate, with good interpersonal skills and competent at communicating at all levels
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability to drive delivery of solutions in a cost effective and timely manner either directly or via the team
· Able to work to a high degree of accuracy and produce quality work to tight deadlines under pressure
· Good computer skills, competent user of MS office suite with prior experience of MRP/ERP systems including implementation and roll out of use (SAP preferable but not essential)
· Although primarily based at one site, the role requires work between the two sites as required ensuring adequate support is given to both Purchasing and Logistics teams.
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a related field
Preferably with CIPS certification
Candidates from the Southampton area are welcome to apply as this role will be based across the two sites in the Wrexham and Southampton areas.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.
Closing date: 31st May 2019
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: