Are you looking for new role within Health and Safety? Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit a Quality and Environmental Compliance Officer on a permanent basis.
Our client is a global manufacturer within the garment industry and have over 50 years-experience and vast range of products.
- Starting salary of £25k
- Rising to £27,500k on completion of a successful probationary period
- First and foremost, responsible for the systems and procedures for the movement of Amber and Green waste stream from the site
- To ensure that product quality within the client is to the required standard as required by the customer.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating of the Environmental systems in place within the client to ensure compliance to ISO14001:2015.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating of the Quality systems in place within the client to ensure compliance to ISO9001:2015.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating and communicating the customer product specifications for all UK accounts within the group.
- Assist with developing, maintaining and implementing an Integrated QE Management System that is compliant with ISO9001 & ISO14001:2015
- To prepare and control the documentation for Waste movements to and from site.
- Maintain Environmental licences and documentation for all relevant client sites.
- To liaise with members of the Recycling, engineering and distribution teams to ensure that the quality of the products reused and despatched are of a high and acceptable quality level.
- Through the team Leaders all personnel within the Recycling department have the correct information, instruction and training regarding the quality of the products being processed.
- To Liaise with the sales, recycling and engineering departments regarding samples required for all new customers. To approve and obtain signed off customer samples for Recycling.
- To liaise with customers regarding defective products and to assist in providing effective counter measures.
- Accountable for maintaining the ISO 9001 & 14001 system and to ensure that all necessary actions are completed within an appropriate timescale and that non-conformances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate internal audit schedule and auditing teams for Quality & Environmental management systems.
- Ensure that any customer complaints are dealt with in a timely manner and communicated to the relevant department for corrective action.
- Assisting the Shift Managers and their teams in the monitoring of all products recycled in order to ensure that the quality standards are maintained and prevent escape to customer of defective product.
- Responsible for the compilation and accuracy of the monthly QHSE report and other reports relating to Quality & Environmental matters at Wrexham
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality & Environmental Policies are updated & maintained with relevant communications brought to the attention of all employees.
- Liaise with the enforcing authorities and ensure that any changes in Environmental Law / recommendations are presented to the relevant parties for implementation.
- Provide advice, support and assistance to all personnel to enable them to manage their environmental & Quality responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years all round quality management in a Recycling environment.
- Significant experience regarding defects of injection moulded products and counter measures required to prevent repetitive faults.
- Previous experience with ISO standards and management systems.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Communicating effectively (both orally and in written form)
- Ability to build and understand trust.
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to time manage and prioritise work effectively
- Gathering and managing of information.
- Recycling of clear and concise management reports.
- Pro-active, hands on approach to problem solving.
- Working to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to trade off and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Knowledge of best practice procedures within the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of products, market and clients.
- Qualified to IEMA (or equivalent).
- Qualified to CIWM Certified Operator or equivalent
- Qualified in management system implementation.
- Knowledge & experience of internal auditing of management systems.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: