An exiting opportunity has arisen for a experienced Quality Manager to join a well established Aerospace Company.
Our client is based in the Bradford location.
This position manages, plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program within established standards to ensure the prevention and/or elimination of defects in new or existing products or processes by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area such as Engineering, Operation Research, etc.,
- 3+ years of related experience as a Quality Manager; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong background and knowledge of applicable quality requirements, specifically ISO 9001, AS 9100, and lead auditor experience is required.
- Proven management and leadership skills are essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential for identifying and resolving problems and implementing corrective action.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel and Word applications, statistical analysis programs (Minitab).
Accountabilities & Duties
- Fully responsible for all aspects of the QMS and compliance to customer, industry, and regulatory requirements, including ISO/AS.
- Administers local audit program, including internal and supplier audits by scheduling and/or performing these audits and/or training and mentoring internal auditors to complete these audits.
- Collaborates with top management to establish Business Unit policies, procedures, key performance metrics and goals. Leads review of technical problems and promotes a Continuous Improvement mindset and culture for Quality Management.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Supports engineering team regarding quality assurance of new product designs and manufactured products to rectify problems.
- Administers local corrective action system, QMS document control system, and support new hire quality training requirements and competency evaluations for all employees.
- Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply today!
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: