Are you an Environmental, Health & Safety professional, with significant commercial experience in a EHS position, based within Manufacturing/Engineering and a recognised EHS qualification?
Do you have sound problem-solving skills and seek the opportunity to invest these and experience to an interesting, varied and challenging, project-based position for a business who are not only at the forefront of their industry, but renowned for an internal culture that empowers and inspires their employees to reach their full potential?
If so, the newly-developed position of Senior EH&S Compliance Project Manager for this world-class organisation, could prove an exceptional opportunity for you to expand your remit and continue a progressive career.
- Based from home, you will develop, design, innovate and implement solutions to long term, global environmental, health and safety, compliance issues affecting the business. You will be responsible for organising and leading diverse, cross functional teams through compliance events such as the selection and implementation of new process technologies, training tools, training programs, compliance assessments and troubleshooting operations to achieve compliance and/or operational cost savings.
- In addition, you will assist senior management with strategic initiatives, acquisition integration and other large-scale compliance projects as well as supporting UK sites with routine site visits, attending meetings, GEMBA walks and providing expert advice where the site lacks the requisite knowledge or expertise.
- To achieve this, you will need to be able to commit to travelling to one of the company’s 12 UK sites weekly/fortnightly and internationally 2-3 times a year. Where International travel is required, all transfers, flights and accommodation will be booked through an internal travel team and it is likely you will be overseas for 5 days. UK accommodation, where required, will also be booked via the travel team.
- It is vital that you must be able to provide clear direction, communicate and build consensus for compliance initiatives across a diverse range of cultures and languages, so we are seeking an applicant with exceptional communication skills, who can demonstrate successfully building solid working relationships with breadth of colleagues at all levels.
- This is a solid opportunity to take up a position that has been created by growth and respective increased workload, that offers you the chance to own and develop your role in-line with a progressive and expanding business.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes Sought:
- BSc / BEng / MSc / MEng degree in engineering, environmental, chemical, civil or related subject NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Significant experience in a key EHS position, within a production/manufacturing environment (ideally within Aerospace, although not essential)
- Proven experience in the design and selection of process Environmental/Health and Safety controls, working with government agencies and national regulations.
- Experience of performing Environmental/Health & Safety Compliance Audits
- Previous project management experience that includes managing complex, long-term projects and designing innovative training course materials from scratch.
- The drive, determination and tenacity to operate independently with minimal guidance
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a breadth of colleagues operating at all levels
If you are interested in learning more about this vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration. Further information including a full job description and disclosure of recruiting business, will be provided to suitable applicants ahead of any CV submission to our client.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: