Are you a Global Trade Compliance Specialist with an in-depth knowledge of UK & US Export Laws and Regulations and the highest degree of ethical business conduct and integrity?
Do you have proven direct experience with International Trade Regulations and/or Compliance, acting as an ITAR expert? Have you previously worked for a company that are under Consent Agreement with the US State Department?
Would you welcome the opportunity to join a Global organisation who have a tangible moral code and feel privileged in knowing that they are collectively helping to save lives, rescuing people in danger, protecting the environment and providing security around the globe via their innovative solutions?
This is an organisation filled with employees who come to work to make a difference each day, with a sense of responsibility and honour that fuels everything they do – This vacancy offers you the opportunity to be part of something amazing and experience true job satisfaction.
The company offer a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides for a challenging career and the ability to achieve professional growth. It is the talent of their employees that sets them apart as the market leader in their Industry.
This vacancy is based in Kent, but the company are willing to offer a relocation package to the right candidate and also offer flexible working solutions that include the opportunity to split the working week to include working from home. Some (short duration) UK and International Travel will be required and applicants should be willing and able to commit to this.
- The main emphasis of the position is to lead the development, implementation and management of processes, tools and training relating to export controlled products and technology. This includes:
- Generating, maintaining and monitoring U.S. Government export/import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorisations, commodity jurisdiction determinations.
- Assist in implementation of company procedures and instructions to support compliance with U.S. and foreign Governments export/import regulations and company policy.
- Ensuring legal compliance and providing import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments
- Serve as an ITAR expert and provide guidance and, where possible practical solutions, related to export control compliance requirements to non-US based business stakeholders
- Support trade compliance audits at the business segment level
- Support investigation team in reviews and corrective action management
- Proactively identify common themes and address export compliance issues for site
- Maintain constructive working relationships with business segment management and stakeholders
Experience, Skills & Attributes Sought:
- Knowledge of UK & US Export Laws and Regulations.
- Experience of working through a US Consent Agreement (advantageous)
- Experience with auditing for implementation of trade compliance initiatives.
- Experience with collecting and analysing data and preparing concise and timely reports.
- Ability to distil and communicate complicated issues (legal or technical) into easy to understand language.
- Knowledge of industry practices.
- Experienced with solving complex problems using collaborative techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (or combination of education and experience).
- Proven direct experience with International Trade Regulations and/or Compliance (ITAR).
- Strong Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. SharePoint and SAP experience beneficial.
- Critical Information Seeking
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Results Orientation
- Willingness to travel
This is an urgent vacancy. If you are interested in learning more about the role and the company recruiting, please apply today for immediate consideration.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: