My client, an established, successful and progressive business operating within the fast growing sector of Parcel and Package logistics is looking to make the key appointment of a Senior Labour Resource Planner to its operation in Rushden.
As a valued member of our management team you will take ownership of the strategy, development and long-term success of the Resource Planning department – carrying out the tasks such as Planning the effective utilisation of the workforce, Forecasting, Scheduling, You will also have responsibility for working with the MI (Management Information) team to automate key data required to run the operations effectively
- Accurately prepare forecasts to able the resource planning of labour for the warehouse
- Creating new and innovative forecast and capacity models to plan for future demand, growth
- To develop and manage the Labour Management planning tool, identify and implement new ideas of best practice
- To constantly monitor and propose effective shift patterns to match business requirements, optimising performance of all warehouse teams
- To make recruitment recommendations and identify opportunities as required
- To be aware of seasonal labour challenges, making appropriate resource plans for expected changes in profile and workloads. Peak Planning
- To deliver effective & accurate reports detailing key performance indicators and commentary relating to workforce and shift performance, identifying the proposed and actual shift efficiency factors and clearly stating all assumptions applied
- To work closely with the operations team, monitoring staff performance and trends and providing consultative support when required
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure accurate capture of data to allow accurate cost reporting across the operations
- Provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly reporting on warehouse spent and performance against customer targets.
Required Skills / Experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work to conflicting, frequently demanding, deadlines
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team demonstrating a hands on, energetic style with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. Can demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate a situation and escalate appropriately
- Excellent and confident communicator both verbally and in writing; able to influence, build relationships and gain commitment from people at all levels
- Able to consistently produce high quality and accurate work with excellent attention to detail and a “right first time” mentality
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information. Resilient and adequately robust when dealing with sensitive issues or conflicting viewpoints.
- Proficient in use of MS Office particularly Word, Outlook and PowerPoint skills for data analysis, presentation and reporting. Advanced Excel skills including experience in pivot tables, v-look-ups and filters etc. to analyse financial and performance data.
Gap Professional is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: