Are you an experienced and passionate Senior Product Designer who is seeking the opportunity to use your skills and experience within a market leading, global business?
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their business and assist with all aspects of the Design and Manufacturing process. This is a senior role with an element of responsibility and support for the product designers remit also.
- Working with the R&D Manager to support the R&D team undertaking all aspects of the Design and Manufacturing process to the required specification, in line with quality standards and new product developments
- Project coordination involving stakeholder management. Responsible for ensuring schedules are completed to deadlines aligned to the company strategy.
- Product design, which involve complex assemblies.
- Tool design and manufacture reliant on new product developments, modifications and change.
- CAD to support the design process.
- Design specifications in line with the company strategy and R&D key objectives.
- FEA Analysis. Involves the stress analysis of plastic parts aligned to the test specification.
- Prototype using advanced 3D printing technology in addition to full-scale models.
- Product testing to current regulations including European legislation.
- Responsible for new product release documentation and coordination of the release procedure.
- Provision of technical support, drawings and other R&D related activities to support other function areas within the business.
Key Skills & Experience:
- 3D design (Autodesk Inventor or similar)
- Tooling design & construction
- Product development of roto-moulded products & injection-moulded products desirable
- FEA Analysis
- Good communication skills
- Project management / highly organised
- Knowledge of engineering principles
- Preparing and giving presentations
- Technical reports
- Competent in Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Degree level qualification in Product Design or similar
- Driving licence
- R&D / product design background (5+ years’ experience)
- Manufacturing background
- 25 days holiday (includes 4 days Xmas shut down) + bank holidays
- Car parking
- Tea & Coffee
- Private Healthcare
Monday to Friday, 8-5 with 4:30 finish Friday
Core hours as stated but additional to suit business demands are expected
Closing date is 26th May 2019
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to us
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible.
Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: