gap professional (operating as an employment agency) are currently recruiting for our Globally-operative client based in the Deeside area.
This Industry-leading firm are proud of their commitment to sustainability and the environment, continually implementing the latest standards across their sites and utilising materials that protect natural resources. In addition, they hold the principles of fairness, respectable trading & equality of opportunity at the centre of their high-performance, International business culture.
The company are now seeking a Supply Chain Manager to manage the full remit of the supply chain (raw material input to logistics output), whilst contributing to the business in upholding these commitments and enhancing the internal culture.
As Supply Chain Manager, you will manage, plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for production through the full Supply Chain and support departments.
- Ensure maximum efficiency of production through provision of raw materials.
- Ensure customer demands and contractual terms are met in relation to material access, delivery and logistics; driving “first-promise” OTIF in line with agreed targets.
- Manage European supply of product from initial order & delivery to UK warehouse and/or customer.
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to continuously improve operations and reduce cost, working with relevant teams in negotiating prices and controlling contracts.
- Work with senior management team to create and be accountable for relevant budgets and forecasting.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop continuously improving processes to minimise waste in all areas.
- Implement best practice within warehouse and logistics functions, including developing stock procedures & maintaining up to date ISO and BRC compliance documentation.
Skills, Experience & Attributes sought
- Experience of managing end-to-end, complex supply chains in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, ideally within the packaging industry
- A Logistics Management degree OR comparable experience that includes a solid understanding of integrated supply chain & logistic concepts
- Knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/DRP/ERP/CRM)
- Demonstrable experience of successful people management, that is focused on encouraging a collaborative & team-orientated approach.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of working in a unionised environment
- Ability to comfortably interact with peers, senior management and operational staff with respect and integrity with the confidence to positively challenge the actions or ideas of others when required.
- Results-driven with a calm approach to challenges and problem-solving.
- Openness to receiving direct feedback
Hours of Work & Remuneration
- Monday – Friday / 9am – 5pm / Flexibility around these hours would be required
- £45k – £50k per annum plus bonus & benefits
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please send a suitable CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 12th April 2019
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: