Gap personnel are currently recruiting for Transport Planners in Worcestershire on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a great company.
To take responsibility for the timely traffic panning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
- Carry out tasks largely unsupervised to cost and quality standards.
- Plan ahead – tasks and resources
- Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve problems.
- Collect, analyse and distribute information/data.
- Provide professional/specialist advice both internally and externally.
- Developing relationships with external customer.
- Specify and ensure levels of support service are in place.
- Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads
- Completion of tasks to time and quality standards
- No customer complaints
- Working to budgets
- Successful working partnerships with customers, internal and external
- Delivering the right advice in a timely manner
- Achieving respect of others about your competence.
- Practising safe working procedures.
Specific Qualifications/ Job Training
GCSE/NVQ standard. Experience of working at a similar level. CPC Holder (National / International)
Traffic management Dealing with VOSA Compliance
Problem solving/logical thinking
Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
Specific Skills (4)
Computer skills – Stirling (training will be provided), Excel
Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude
Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment
4 on / 4 off shift pattern Days ( 6 – 6)
20-days holiday which includes Statutory Bank Holidays
Nest Pension Scheme
Closing date is 6th April 2019
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: