Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for experienced Warehouse Team Managers.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (Different shifts available below)
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000pa
1 x 6am – 2pm
1 x 2pm – 10pm
1 x 10pm – 6am
- Effectively manage your area of the warehouse operation according to the needs and priorities of the customer
- Take ownership and accountability for all issues as they arise within your work area
- To actively manage the processes on shift so that performance targets are consistently achieved and in line with financial constraints
- To ensure all regulatory, security and H&S requirements are met at all times
- Implement structure and organisation to the team and constantly challenge the status quo
- Motivate a team to drive efficiency
- Manage by walking within the warehouse to identify issues and operational improvements that can be made. Feed this to company stakeholders who can help drive best practice
- Manage a team of people and ensure compliance to all processes
- Provide RCA for any challenges, and implement changes to eradicate further reoccurrence
- Always have the customers at the forefront of all the actions undertaken
- Champion MWI’ UK’s guiding principles.
- Manage colleagues and deal with relevant personnel issues as and when the need arises including but not limited to absence management, performance and disciplinary issues.
- Plan the training of staff, and monitor their performance and progress. Continually review and provide regular feedback
- Use space and MHE efficiently ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met, investigate thoroughly any incidents/accidents and escalate any issues that require it
- Manage productivity within your area of control – responsible for any department specific requirements (eg – any relevant sign offs for each department; loading sheets)
- Responsible for your area ensuring KPI targets are achieved
- Plan the layout of goods in within the warehouse and organise equipment availability
- Ensure all team members are compliant with the processes involved within the WMS. Any change requirements are implemented in line with the change control process
- Maintain, monitor and act where appropriate to ensure a safe working environment for colleagues, visitors and contractors on site. Where appropriate, escalate any health and safety issues to the Shift Manager and H&S Manager
- Ensure all staff are trained in relevant SOPs for their work area. Liaise with the regulatory department to any provide recommendations for amendments
- Ensure compliance be adhering to the CAPA and deviation process
- Provide RCA for an issues that may arise.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of changes and new initiatives as appropriate
- Highlight any risks and issues that may impact service delivery and work with the Operational team to mitigate these.
- Conducts team briefings and deployments to update staff on best practices and expectations
- Manage an AMS tool to enable effective shift planning
- Drive Accuracy, Delivery on time and fulfilment by managing your area.
- Work collaboratively with the Castle Cary site to ensure customer satisfaction
- Implement, and evolve KPI’s to the ever changing requirements of the business
- Work with the external recruitment agencies to ensure labour requirements are in line with company expectations
- Carry out any other reasonable management request from your line manager
- A background in operations/warehouse distribution and an understanding of good process control systems is desirable
- Supply Chain & Operations experience in a high SKU count environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and influencing skills
- Systems and Data orientated, with experience of SAP and Knapp WMS an advantage
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel/Access, etc.
- Previous experience managing a large diverse workforce is desirable.
- 33 days (including Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Health shield cash health plan
- £15 contribution to gym membership
Closing date is 17th October
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: